Why choose Dance Academy XIV?
The most important question! Why choose us over any other studio?
1. Award winning teachers who love what they do! Our teachers are professionals, for whom dance has been a passion and a calling their whole lives.
2. Only studio around to offer National Honor Society of Dance Arts and scholarship opportunities.
3. Tons of performance opportunities! A competition team, local performance team, and we open a huge event every two years to the whole studio- we’ve been to the orange bowl to perform halftime and Disney World to perform, and will have many more in the future
4. Wonderful parents and students! No “Dance Moms” here. Our studio is one big family.
5. We offer a wide range of classes for whatever your child’s dream might be.
6. Super affordable. Our all inclusive tuition means no hidden fees, and we include up front everything for less than other places just classes alone.
My child is a beginner. What class would be appropriate for them?
For ages 3-5- we start in our beginner dance class. Ages 6-10 can start in any of our level 1 classes in ballet, tap, jazz, acrobat, or hip hop, and any beginners 10+ we start in our level 2 classes of those same genres. Feel free to contact Miss Amanda about placement before you begin – there is no age to old to start!
Where can I purchase dancewear, and what is required for each class?
Dancewear can be purchased through the studio (see a receptionist for details). For beginner dance, tap and ballet shoes can be purchased at Walmart, Target or Payless Shoes. Our class dress codes can be found under “Class Descriptions”.
I don't know anything about dance, what is the best thing for my child to start in?
It depends on the goals of your child. Across the board, the most important genre to provide a solid foundation is ballet. Ballet terminology is used in almost every other style, and teaches body placement and control that is critical to styles such as jazz, contemporary, lyrical, acrobat, modern, and musical theater. If your child aspires to do any of those styles, ballet is the best place to begin. If, however, they are looking for something more specific- we do offer hip hop (free style, loose movements to modern music) or tap that can be done alone with no problem. We would be happy to talk to you about your child and their personality and find a perfect fit!
When is the best time to start?
Our “school” year, runs from September-June, but we do accept enrollment until January. After Jan, we begin recital dances and order costumes, so it makes it more difficult to enter a class. The best time to try out classes is during our summer session- for six weeks July-August. We offer all of our classes on a limited basis- they are more laid back than during the year and are $10/class with no obligation. It is a great time to try new things.
What is NHSDA and how does my child get accepted?
Dance Academy is proud to be one of 8 dance studios in the state that can induce high school juniors and seniors into the National Honor Society of Dance Arts. The society has scholarship opportunities and is our way of helping students to succeed even after graduation. Induction is based on a point rubric that includes service, school GPA, involvement in dance, and leadership in the studio. Interested students should contact Miss Amanda for a rubric and express their interest in induction.